Below you can find a description of the summerjobs for the summer of 2017.
Summerjob 1: Electroniad
Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence are hot topics.
The second edition of the international Electroniad quiz will take place on 14 September 2017, in Leuven.
We are looking for bright engineering students to build a live scoring system for this quiz.
You will design and build the entire system.
It will consist of a scanner, an AI server, a score board (projected image) and an input terminal.
This project involves multiple disciplines:
- Design of the concept
- Convolutional neural networks to correct the handwritten answers of all teams
- Programming in C, C++, Python
- Programming an attractive and animated GUI (graphical user interface)
- Building and testing the whole system
- Operating the system during the Electroniad on 14 September 2017
We are looking for a team of 3 people.
Ideal team composition:
- problem solver
- demonstrated programming experience in C, C++ or Python
- experience using image processing or deep learning platform (e.g., OpenCV, Caffe) is a plus
- experience in graphical development platforms (e.g., Unity or Qt) is a plus
The goal is to have a functional and tested system by 15 August 2017.
Send your résumé, motivation letter and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply individually or as a team.
Application deadline is 17 March 2017.